CSES is looking for a new Secretary
From Roger Pittock, our current Secretary
After much soul-searching, and having now had the honour and pleasure of serving 10 years in post, I am not seeking re-election as CSES Secretary. I am looking forward to continuing to support your Society from the Council, but not from the post of Secretary.
I am truly grateful to members for their support over the last 10 years, and I have learned a tremendous amount while in office. The position and experience opened many opportunities during my career.
Please consider putting yourself forward for this role. The time commitment is not that high overall, but comes in bursts. A brief overview follows.
What you'd get from the role
- Engagement with local technology companies
- Making a difference to the local community through STEM
- Working with Anglia Ruskin University and Essex County Council
- Liaison with other bodies such as the IET, IMechE, IOP
- Being a core part of a friendly team with plenty of social opportunities
What you'd need to do each month
- Prepare Committee meeting agendas
- Attend Committee meetings and take notes
- Circulate Committee meeting minutes
- Dispatch any incoming correspondence to the rest of the team
What you'd need to do each year
- Prepare for and announce the AGM
- Take notes at the AGM
- Publish AGM minutes
- Book the annual President's Dinner
… and anything else you'd like to do! We have many tools in place to automate and speed up some of our work and are always looking for ways to further reduce the administrative burden. We would encourage any time-saving initiatives!
Please note that you must be legally eligible to become a trustee of the Society (a registered charity).
If you are interested, or know someone who might be, please contact us.