The Schools' Competition 2019 is now open
- Enter the competition here
- Event details (Fri 28 June 2019)
- Awards evening details (Wed 17 July 2019)
Schools' Competition: Fri 28 June 2019, Marconi Building, Anglia Ruskin University
We are very pleased to announce that this year's CSES Schools' Engineering and Technology Competition is open for entries.
A reminder of the dates (both events at Anglia Ruskin University):
- The competition will take place on Friday 28 June 2019
- The awards evening will take place on Wednesday 17 July 2019
The deadline for entries will be Friday 21 June 2019, although please don’t wait for your project to be finished before entering. Spaces are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
If you have any questions, please contact us. We are happy to come into school and discuss or present if this would help.
We look forward to seeing you in June.
If you have not entered the competition before, the following information may help you:
The competition aims to educate, encourage and inspire. Students will have the opportunity to present STEM projects that they have been working on in this academic year. All STEM projects are very welcome, including coursework, hobby projects, and those completed as part of STEM schemes.
On the day, students are visited by engineering professionals, who will discuss the projects with the students and provide maximum opportunity for each student or team to explain their work. The projects are assessed on technical merit. Through this interaction with engineering role models the students benefit from:
- Further understanding of how their work relates to the engineering industry.
- Professional feedback on their work and good interview practice.
- Insight into career and business opportunities.
Representatives from CSES and our partner organisations will be present to answer questions about STEM careers and education options.
Students and teams who are scored highly by our judges will be invited to our prestigious awards ceremony to receive their prize.