Programme launch 2021-2022
First events announced for our upcoming season
We are delighted to announce the launch of our 2021-2022 programme, featuring talks, days out and family-friendly activities. As we emerge from the Covid pandemic, and following the success of the British Science Festival and ARU Family Science Day, we are beginning to return to "in-person" events and hope to resume our social programme in 2022.
Please save the dates for our exciting events for autumn / winter 2021:
- Wed 27 Oct (evening): 150 Years of Science and Technology in Chelmsford, a talk by Prof Robert Iliffe (Professor of the History of Science, University of Oxford). This will be an online event.
- Wed 17 Nov (evening): CSES Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2021. Also an online event.
- Sun 21 Nov (daytime): Marconi... Past, Present and Future, an exhibition by CSES, Chelmsford Civic Society and others at the Hylands House Open Day.
- Wed 24 Nov (evening): The Role of Nuclear in Net Zero, a talk by CSES, ARU and the Bradwell B project. Our first 'hybrid' event with both in-person and online attendance options, and something we plan to roll out more widely.
- Sat 18 / Sun 19 Dec (daytime): Hands-On Science and Technology at The Art Place. Join us for fun, hands-on science and technology activities for all the family in Chelmsford City Centre. This will be on one or both of these days (TBC).
Note that some details are still to be confirmed; we will update the listings on our website in due course. Please do register your interest in the meantime by booking where appropriate.
Also a reminder that our Centenary Photographic Competition 2021 is still open until 15 October, and our Fresh Air – Fresh Thinking project is kicking off this month. We are still looking for volunteers!
We hope to see you at these events and more in 2022. Stay safe, and thank you for supporting CSES.