Trust Science: Help Make Essex Covid-Safe - How to register, terms and conditions
Page 4 of 4
Find out more about the competition and how to register
- All entries must be submitted electronically by following the instructions provided after registering at the link above.
- IMPORTANT: The file name format must be YourFirstName_YourLastName_CategoryName.ext.
- Posters may be submitted in PDF, DOC(X), PPT(X) or a common image format (full list provided on submission form).
- Videos may be MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI or MKV format with a recommended resolution of 1280 x 720 and maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080. Videos may be no longer than 60 seconds.
- The maximum upload file size is 20 MB. Use a file transfer service if necessary (instructions provided on submission form).
- The Competition is open to all primary, secondary and home-schooled children in Essex and the Unitary Authorities of Southend-on-Sea and Thurrock. Individual and team entries are welcome. Team Entries must comprise no more than 4 members, one of whom must be nominated as Captain. Single Entries may also be submitted by a member of a team.
- Prizes will be awarded for the winning entry and the runner-up entry in each of the following categories:
- Primary Poster Category
- Primary Video Category
- Secondary Poster Category
- Secondary Video Category
- We will only consider entries submitted in the correct format before midday 4 June 2021.
- Winners and Runners-Up will be announced after Friday 11 June 2021.
- By submitting an entry to this competition, the entrant(s) declare(s) that the video or poster is his/her/their own work and free of any copyright other than their own personal copyright.
- Copyright for the submitted image or video remains with its author(s). However, by entering the competition, participants are granting CSES permission for publicity use online and/or in print. We (CSES) reserve the right to crop, edit, create derivative works from and share such material with our partners and the public, so long as this is consistent with our charitable objectives.
- If submitted images or videos contain people, the entrant has the responsibility of gaining their consent to use their image free of copyright, fee or any other restriction. If your images contain people aged 18 or under then you must submit a copy of our image consent form signed by a legal guardian.
- A maximum of one poster image and one 60-second (maximum) video can be submitted per person or team.
- Poster images and videos will not be accepted if they are deemed inappropriate. This includes images that may be deemed offensive, previously published, copyrighted or otherwise not deemed acceptable by the judging panel.
- All entrants must register for the competition before submitting an entry. Upon registration, instructions will be sent for submission.
- Amazon vouchers will be awarded to the winning and runner-up entry in each category.
- All entrants will be sent a Certificate of Merit in recognition of their competition entry.
- CSES reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition or judging categories, and alter the rules at any stage if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition, but you will automatically be enrolled for free as a student member of CSES and receive information about our activities and events. You can opt out of this at any time.
- The CSES decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. This includes any judging decisions.
- The student winners and their school will be announced on our website. If you do not wish for this data to be shared, you should make this explicit by contacting us (see below).
- If you have any queries or questions please contact Bob Easby or Roy Hilsley. For technical issues relating to registration or submission via the website, please contact the Webmaster.
- CSES is a registered charity. Our constitution is published on our website. This challenge is one or our many Imagine! STEAM non-profit-making educational initiatives.
- << Prev