Society name and taglines
The society must be referred to, in all communications, as Chelmsford Science and Engineering Society [no article, "and" not ampersand].
The only acceptable abbreviation is CSES, and this must be defined in full before it is used, as Chelmsford Science and Engineering Society (CSES).
The society's official taglines are:
- "The hub of Engineering, Technology and Science in Chelmsford, Essex and the surrounding areas" [lower-case first letter if used within sentence]
- "explore, educate, expand" [always lower case]
The official society colours, derived from the logo, are:
- Black: RGB (0, 0, 0); Hex #000000; CMYK (89, 78, 62, 97)
- Purple: RGB (87, 0, 116); Hex #570074; CMYK (83, 100, 20, 8)
- Blue: RGB (73, 176, 221); Hex #49B0DD; CMYK (66, 13, 5, 0)
(Using the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and CMYK Coated FOGRA39 (ISO 12647-2:2004) colour spaces)
The artwork for the society logos can be downloaded below, and may be used with our prior permission. The logos are copyright © Chelmsford Science and Engineering Society. Alteration of the logo or deviation from the approved artwork is expressly forbidden.
Please contact the Webmaster if you wish to use the society's logo. DO NOT use the logo in the website header as this is unique to this application.
There are four configurations, which may be used without preference to suit the application:
- Roundel: isolated "C" logo with radio, ball bearing and short arrow motifs.
- Letters: "CSES" logo with radio, ball bearing and longer arrow motifs.
- Captioned: as above with "Chelmsford Science and Engineering Society" on one line.
- Captioned 2: as above with "Chelmsford Science and Engineering Society" on two lines.
There are three colour schemes, of which one is preferred:
- Colour: full colour logo with black, cyan and purple. This must be used (on a pale, neutral background) in preference to the other colour schemes except where outlined below.
- Black: positive monochrome logo (black-on-white). This may only be used where colour rendering of the logo is not available (for example, monochrome printing) or not appropriate (for example, in a block of black text), or if the logo will be a smaller repeater.
- Negative: negative monochrome logo (white-on-black). This may only and must be used where the background is too dark to support the colour logo, for both colour and black-and-white applications.
In total, therefore, there are 12 logo variants. Below a certain size, the ball bearing motif should be removed for clarity. Please ensure that you discuss this with us, if necessary, so that we can provide an amended version of the logo.
A digital version of our standard "join us" flyer can be downloaded below.